new uses

new uses
New Uses for Old Things

hot list

hot list
Hailey's Hot List

Discover India Hicks

Discover India Hicks
Discover India Hicks

SWEET SUNDAY

Smoothies are big hit in our house - especially when the after-dinner sweet tooth arrives mid-way through American Idol. I usually will improvise with whatever I have on hand but the basics of the smoothie is always pretty consistent; ice, milk, fruit and a packet of Splenda. My evening smoothies aren't intended to do much more than satisfy my sweet tooth without packing a ton of calories although they do offer a healthy amount of vitamins, calcium, protein and fiber to my diet.

One night my husband wanted to get creative so we looked up the Orange Julius smoothie recipe. Although a little more caloric because of the orange juice concentrate over my usual fresh fruit alternative, this smoothie was a refreshing change up.

~ORANGE JULIUS SMOOTHIE~

INGREDIENTS:
6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate
1/2 cup milk - your choice
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons sugar (or sugar substitute equivalent) – less or more depending on sweetness preference
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
10-20 ice cubes - depending on the consistency you prefer

*Optional: 2 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt, 1 tablespoon protein powder, flax seed, other greens

Directions:
Blend everything in a blender for 30-45 seconds until frothy. Pour into a glass.

I hope this ends your weekend on a sweet note! xo

No comments