new uses

new uses
New Uses for Old Things

hot list

hot list
Hailey's Hot List

Discover India Hicks

Discover India Hicks
Discover India Hicks

FANCY FRIDAY

My mom is the absolute best when it comes to giving random, out-of-the-blue gifts. If there's one thing I've learned from her, it's to practice self-less acts of kindness. And not when it's only convenient for you. This past week, I heard Chase yell "Box Truck." Sure enough as I looked out the window, the UPS man was running across our lawn, jumping back into his "box truck." Chase opened the door to find a Crate and Barrel box on our doorstep. I thought, "Hmmm that's an interesting store to get a baby gift from." Surprisingly it wasn't a baby gift. It was a set of 6 Popsicle Molds (12.95, Crate and Barrel) from my mother. Just for fun. Because she thought Chase would love to make them. Lick them. Spill them. And make my house a sticky mess.

I'm not sure what tickled my fancy more this week - my mom or the ear to ear smile Chase has when he opens up the freezer to find a "pop-a-cull" waiting for him? I'm thinking both. Thanks Mom!

No comments