new uses

new uses
New Uses for Old Things

hot list

hot list
Hailey's Hot List

Discover India Hicks

Discover India Hicks
Discover India Hicks

Fancy Friday


What tickled my fancy this week? Rimmel's "Non-Stop Glamour" Lipgloss.

Mesmerised by my girlfriend's lips this week, I asked her mid-sentence what lipgloss she was wearing. Laughing hysterically, she replied, "Oh my gosh, it's some cheapy Rimmel stuff!"

Having last seen Rimmel in my makeup bag some 15-20 years ago, I thought for sure Rimmel was a thing of the past. But oh noooo, Rimmel has a nice display at Target with lots of inexpensive beauteous products.

So in my quest to mimic Tracy's lovely lips, I snagged myself some Non-Stop Glamour Lipgloss - a delicate pinky beigey nude with tiny golden flecks. Not shimmer, not glitter. Flecks. Hard to explain but a very subtle golden candle light-ish sheen. I'm always a little hesitant when I buy lip gloss because I can't stand the sticky texture of most gloss. I was however pleasantly surprised that it has a smooth, non-tacky texture and lasts a good while - certainly not 6 hours like they claim, but I'm smart enough to realize and accept that no lipgloss will last that long. It lasts just long enough to do what I need it to do, while I am out and about. And it fades nicely as well. While you can certainly wear alone, it looks fantastic over a nude lipstick too.

The one thing I don't love about this lipgloss is it's packaging. A little cheapy looking for me but then again Rimmel does market to a teenage demographic and it's only $3.59. But at that price, pshhh packaging-schmacking.

You want Non-Stop Glamour? Then get your Rimmel on!!

No comments