new uses

new uses
New Uses for Old Things

hot list

hot list
Hailey's Hot List

Discover India Hicks

Discover India Hicks
Discover India Hicks

Summertime beauty dilemma solved


The Beauty Dilemma: Your fingernails and toenails have an icky yellowish tint.

I can't remember the last time my toenails weren't painted so you can only imagine how freaked out I got when I took off the polish to discover my toenails had this funky yellow tint. After ruling out "Yellow Nail Syndrome" (yes it's a real but rare condition) or a fungus infection, my prolonged wear of nail polish is to blame.

While dark-color nail polish may be incredibly trendy and a summertime must, consistent wear can leave your natural nails looking like they’ve been permanently dyed a scary shade of sunflower. So what now?

The solution: To restore your nail beds to their natural nude hue, mix a few drops of fresh lemon juice with 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide in a plastic bowl. Completely saturate a few cotton balls in the mixture and rub your fingernails and toenails until the stain is removed. Moving forward, be sure to double up on your base coats!

No comments