Gosh it's been forever since I've done a Sweet Sunday post. Lance had a runny nose this morning so I stayed home from church, went on a nice power walk and figured since I have a minute while Barney streams on the tv, I'll post a dessert for you to try this week.
Saw these Jello Cookies on Pinterest and meant to post before 4th of July so you could do red, white and blue cookies but that clearly did not happen. Lots on my plate lately hence the lack of posts. Seriously though - who would have thought to put jello in cookies?!? What a fun bright and colorful cookie for summer. If you're brave enough to bring the kid's to the grocery store, you can make this a fun outing to pick out their special jello color/flavor.
Another fun thing is the batter is moldable like playdough. Wash up their hands, whip up the batter and let them create sculptures while the oven heats up like they did over at I Heart Naptime blog...
Yields: 2 dozen | Prep: 20 min | Cook: 10 min | Ready in: 30 min
3.5 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 cups salted butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 (3 oz) pkg jello (use any flavors you want)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
3) Divide dough into 4 sections. Sprinkle 2 Tb of jello onto each section. Knead together with dough. You may want to add a few drops of food coloring to make the dough more vibrant.
4) Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra jello from the packets. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of bowl.
5) Bake 8 to 10 min at 350 on lined baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
I hope this ends your weekend on a sweet note. Enjoy!!